jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Fazal Syed Ali <syedfazal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to refer to a value stored in afile
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:58:06 GMT
Garvita,

You can use CSV file, retrieve the values in your JMeter test plan and
pass the file name on the command line. Use the steps given below to
achieve this:

1. Add CSV Data Set Config to your test plan or thread group.

2. In the file name field introduce a variable like this
${__P(your-variable-name)}
    Make sure it's in the above format.

3. Enter just one variable name in Variable Names field. You can refer
to this variable in the rest of your test case.

4. In the delimiter field enter '='

5. While running the test from command line, pass the following
additional parameter to specify the path of the file:
     -Dyour-variable-name=<path_to_the_data_file>

The following plug-in might be of help to you if you are looking for
parameterizing subroutines.

http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/wiki/ParameterizedController

--Fazal