jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test plan for (970 page requests every 5 min)
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:29:07 GMT
Hi
>What is the maximum concurrent connections can an average server handle
Define average(IIS != apache, windows != apache, serving static pages !=
serving dynamic pages, 4 cpu on server != 8 cpu on server, 8GB on server !=
32 GB on server and so on). The term "handle" is also ambiguous. If a server
that normally responds in a couple of seconds now takes say 30 seconds under
load (but doesnt crash) - is it able to *handle* the load?
There is no answer to your question that I can give. Run load against your
server and find out based on the parameters you decide.

>Also, how many requests (Jmeter samples) can one connection support?
Im not sure what you mean. If you are saying how many requests you can have
in your test plan , I guess you are only limited by the amount of memory you
have on your client Jmeter machine . The server has no limit on how many
requests a session can make.

regards
deepak