jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <TorIv...@arrive.no>
Subject SV: jmeter-server and already busy 1099
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 12:01:38 GMT
> The code running the RMI server needs to have certain jars on the
> classpath, otherwise it will not be able to find JMeter.

As I understood the use of rmiregistry/rmid was that the serialization and deserialization
happened in the (running) VM that had bound a name in the registry to an object, and in the
client making the remote call. Thus, as far as the registry was concerned it is just shuffling
some binary data over a socket or two.

Using server.rmi.create=false and running rmiregistry separately (as per the JRE executable)
seems to work fine, but just to be on the safe side my services file now includes

java-rmi	 1099/tcp			    #Java RJMP

- Tor Iver