jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Test plan for (970 page requests every 5 min)
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 07:15:25 GMT
> Yes, it is a good time for a single reload. But how do you find out the
> DOMContentLoaded time with JMeter when you are actually applying the load?

Jmeter has no such event. You have to work with the times you can
measure programatically (i.e., Jmeter measures latency and response
time, you apparently have no additional logs to work with).

>> I tend to further simplify and propose that this is close to the time it
>> takes to load the HTML content, typically the generated content from
>> PHP, ASPX or whatever is at work on the server.
>
> Well then Deepak is using exactly the same method then. He also excludes
> statics in his testing.

Deepak proposes that loading that content can be neglected. I do load
it, but I disregard its response time. (Or rather, I evaluate times for
statistic content separately from those for the HTML content.)

I can do this because I don't have to rely on Jmeter's measurements.
If you don't have that luxury, you probably want to try Deepak's method.

>> The loadbalancing software is a special case of a reverse proxy.
>
> I am confused now. Reverse proxy logs are:
> 1. Logs in the Load Balancer for traffic going back from Web Server?

Yes.

> or
> 2. Logs in the Web Server for traffic going back from Application Server?

Err, if you think what I *think* you're thinking, then yes, that too. :-)

Don't overthink this. You obviously are not using any sort of reverse
proxy at the moment. If you ever create a setup that uses one (or more),
you will grasp the concepts easily enough then. Don't worry too much
about them now. They are essentially out of scope at the moment.

Cheers,
Felix