jmeter-user mailing list archives

From iyerbalaji <balaji_i...@mindtree.com>
Subject Scalability and Stability of JMeter’s Distributed Mode
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:33:43 GMT

We are planning to load test a large financial web application with JMeter.
We intend to utilize JMeter in distributed/master-slave mode with 15 load
generators (JMeter-server) + 1 Master (JMeter GUI Client).

Based on our initial experiments with JMeter in a single instance GUI mode,
we could generate between 500-700 virtual users per machine (2.8GHz, 2GB
RAM, Windows XP) against the web application. The final objective is to
generate a concurrent load of 10000 virtual users. Hence, the need to use 15
load generators.

Can JMeter successfully scale up to 15 nodes (jmeter-servers) in distributed
mode? What has been your experience in using JMeter for generating such high
load levels?

Couple of additional questions that we have includes:
-	What is maximum number of load generators that can be used per Master?
-	What is the impact of distributed mode on network utilization?