jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Prostak <strod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test plan for (970 page requests every 5 min)
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:01:41 GMT

In my reply I will show the times from the image I attached earlier.

>So in your case you have response time for the main page say 10
seconds(this
>is pt A).

When you say "response time for the main page (pt A)", do you mean
default.aspx (464ms) or the whole page (3.15s)?

>You also requested ScriptResource.axd this is supposed to be 7
>seconds.

ScriptResource.axd gets in 7 seconds only in a certain load.
When I just reload the page, the time I get is 1.66s (pic above).

>Lets say you also have some other static file Y which responded
>with average of 2 seconds.

2 seconds is for a normal load. But how would I predict the response time
for static images during the load? Are you saying that response time for
static images always stay constant? If they don't, then I don't see how your
formula would work predicting based on parsed times.

Another question, the time shown in Listeners, is it the time when Jmeter
completes loading the whole file OR the time Jmeter starts receiving the
first bit?