jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Prostak <strod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test plan for (970 page requests every 5 min)
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:37:48 GMT

>My personal rule of
>thumb is to always use it (in conjunction with the Cache Manager) to do
>what the browser does while
>a) using as few Samplers as possible and
>b) allowing Jmeter to compute average times based on times to load whole
>pages, not each tiny image under test

I am testing a page http://example.com/en/default.aspx
The page contains 79 resources (axd, ico, jpg, gif).

Two scenarios:
A) I record this page using proxy and I get 80 samples. I run the test.
B) I create a single sample default.aspx and select "Retrieve All
Embedded.." in it. I run the test.

Talking strictly from Jmeter point of view, would response times for A and B
be the same?