jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Prostak <strod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test plan for (970 page requests every 5 min)
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:10:05 GMT

>Use Firebug. Use the net tab. Access a page which has a number of static
>files like bbc.co.uk. You cannot predict how the browser will load the
>static resources / what will be done simultaneously and what will be done
>serially.

I used the Firebug and noticed that if the whole page loads in 3 seconds,
the ScriptResource.axd loads in 1 sec. So the loading time of
ScriptResource.exd represents 33% of the total load time.

So if I run a parsed test with 20 threads and ScriptResource.axd loads in 7
seconds, that means  the whole page would've loaded in 21 seconds.

Am I correct?
If not, how do you calculate the loading of a page with resources based on
parsed times?