jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Prostak <strod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test plan for (970 page requests every 5 min)
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:55:08 GMT

Thanks, Sebb and Deepak, now I understand the logic Jmeter uses to send
samples.

Deepak wrote:
>Correct, but you can always estimate this (and its simpler because you dont
>have to run multiple tests to figure out new users/ returning users , users
>with cache, without cache , with IE configured as every visit for page etc
>etc ).

If I insert Transaction Controller and place all samples inside it, would it
help me to calculate the total load time? (pls see picture attached).
What does the time of this controller tell you (16889ms)?

http://tinypic.com?ref=w1skth  http://i54.tinypic.com/w1skth.png

>Again my views are colored due to the fact that there is almost
>always a separate webserver compared to the application so that the load on
>the webserver really has no bearing to the load on the main application
>(besides network bandwidth).

Do you mean that Web server is separate from Application server? Where are
all jpeg and html pages stored? On Web server or on Application Server?