jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Prostak <strod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test plan for (970 page requests every 5 min)
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 00:31:50 GMT

>You give a rampup because you dont know whether your server can handle the
>burst - you can give a rampup even if the server could handle the burst (so
>give it irrespective).

Ok. What is the sign that my server can't handle the burst? I don't even
know what to look for... How do I tell?

Can you also please answer this question: Let's say I have 1000 samples in a
thread group (no think times etc). Are all 1000 sent in 1 ms? Or are they
sent one by one over a period of time? I am trying to understand Jmeter's
logic.