jmeter-user mailing list archives

From tripgaurav <guns_n_mai...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: SV: How can I do a chunked upload (packet upload)?
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 19:06:48 GMT

Ok. So here is some detail about the application that I need to load test.
Firstly, it is a hybrid application, part online and part embedded in
desktop client... and the client library and the server share a protocol and
maintain a common dictionary... for example, consider the scenario when
server is ready to accept a file... as a part of its response to the client,
it would send an XML tag <request-file-list />, and the client in the next
request would send <file-list>...tonnes of info about file including
size...<file-list/>

Now server side code performs some validation and depending on the size of
valid file, it either requests the complete file or a part of it, by telling
the client the number of bytes it needs to send and the offset of where to
start (depending of how many such chunks have been uploaded)... the client
just responds with this information...

So my question is, is this even possible in JMeter? If no, is there any
other way in which I can do this?

Thanks for all the help.
Gaurav