jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Laponder" <marco.lapon...@kewill.com>
Subject RE: proposal : maven as build tool for next release
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 12:49:15 GMT
Nicolas,

Well you have got my vote, I would love to be able to use jMeter for
performance testing on nightly builds (and reporting on the performance
generated by the listeners) , and jMeter artifacts on a maven
repository.

Kind regards,
Marco

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: nicolas de loof [mailto:nicolas.deloof@gmail.com]
Verzonden: maandag 9 augustus 2010 13:12
Aan: JMeter Users List
Onderwerp: proposal : maven as build tool for next release

Hi
My name is Nicolas De loof, I'm a Maven committer and a jMeter user,
with
even more usage of this nice tool. I'm french, so please apology for my
ugly
english ;)

As jMeter 2.4 is just released, I think it's a good time to consider
switching the build to use Maven, or maybe just consider Maven as an
alternative build tool. As the ant script allready uses many
properties, that will only require some minor folder changes.

Building tools around jMeter (maven plugin, Hudson plugin, ...) requires
jMeter artifacts to be available on maven repository. Nowaday users have
install them manually and can't take advantage of dependency resolution.
There is also no "official" maven plugin to support performance testing
during build (typically, continuous performance testing on nightly
builds).
Maybe this could be part of the roadmap.

WDYT ?

Best regards,
Nicolas