jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Recording of a script in jmeter
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:36:06 GMT
This is a simple argument in a URL. After your initial request, it is
bound to be in the server's response in many (if not all) href
parameters. Use a Regular Expression Extractor to look for e.g.
href=".*?jsessionid=(w*)
This should have a good chance at capturing your session ID, but you
will have to carefully tailor it to work with your server's responses.

Save the captured string in a variable and add the jsessionid parameter
to all following HTTP Samplers.

Also: Why does your app not use cookies for storing session IDs? Or if
it does, why don't you use the Cookie Manager?

HTH,
Felix