jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Doubts Regarding Http Cache Manager
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 11:38:30 GMT
Hi,

all www clients (including Jmeter) do need to send a request and wait
for a response. For cached elements, the client generates additional
headers. If caching works fine, the response code should be 304 Not
Changed or somesuch.

In the View Results Tree listener, the response codes should reflect
that behavior. Also check the "request" tab for the "If-Modified-Since"
headers and "If-None-Match" headers. These indicate to the server that
the browser has cached the item in question.

Cheers,
Felix