jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Does jmeter take some prediction while giving resonse time for a thread?
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:48:22 GMT
Hi,

to get a better picture of what Jmeter measures and how, make sure to
1. use the result tree listener
2. for a long-ish taking sample, expand its tree of sub-samples and find
out if one or more of them is the culprit
3. get Firefox + Firebug and compare Jmeter's results with those
reported by Firebug's "Net" tab (Chrome has an equally useful metric
built in, IIRC)

It is possible that there are lengthy "background" requests going on,
such as webtrackers, finishing long after the page is displayed by the
browser.

HTH,
Felix