jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Nagel <chrisnagelmi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to control timing of test distribution?
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:17:23 GMT
Deepak,

Actually, that turns out to have been my description of the central issue: how
to ramp up the number of threads in a bell curve while throttling transactions
to a preset throughput.

The solution I came up with was to set thread count as a property and create 6
different command lines to set the thread counts as in the table I originally
posted.

The only thing I was unhappy with in the end was that the "constant throughput"
was not "constant", but more like "limiting":  the database guys commented that
the test was rather "bursty" because the constant throughput timer reaches the
predefined threshold immediately and then just sleeps everything for the rest of
the minute.  In other words, we'd get 190 transactions by 12:00:10 and ZERO from
12:00:11 - 12:00:59!!  I may have a look at designing some kind of "Even
Distribution" timer one day that allows one to manipulate a spline curve to
control the overall ramp up/down of a more evenly continuous test scenario.

Anyway, my question for now is answered and thanks to everyone for all the
input!

Regards,
Chris