jmeter-user mailing list archives

From kblearner <samarjeet.moha...@citi.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter providing bad results
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:11:24 GMT

I haven't used Seige, but going by what I've read about it:

Seige's a  GNU/Linux based tool, wheareas JMeter is a pure Java based
desktop application.  There's bound to be some difference between these two
engines.  Refer the link below.  It provides some good insight into Seige Vs
JMeter and when they might be used.

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/143896 Linux Forum

This is what I do:
Step 1 :  Measure the response times manually using a stopwatch (literally)
for transactions
Step 2:   Take up a tool, record the same transactions, then replay and
check out the response times.

If the comparison proves to be much closer, I take that the tool is
reporting just fine.  If the response times given by the tool are little
higher, I'm OK with it.  Frankly, I don't mind reporting little higher
response times than actual to the app/tech team, since it would ony lead to
little more tuning, which is good.

I've tried comparing the response times for both JMeter and LoadRunner and
they seem pretty close too.

Cheers.