jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Blostin <ei3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory message
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 11:33:18 GMT

Thanks for the replies guys!

Felix Frank-2 wrote...

"for large numbers of threads, be careful to keep the whole test as small as
possible."

How do I keep my test as small as possible when I need to simulate a lot of
users accessing the system through a web app and completing all the forms?

I need to keep my test as realistic as possible but I also need to increase
my thread numbers from 50 threads all starting over a 10 minute period to a
more realistic scenario where 500 users log into the system over a 6 hour
period and complete registration.

I thought that 500 threads over 6 hours would be a much smaller load than 50
threads starting over a 10 minute period!! But it seems to play havoc with
JMeter!