jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya" <skb.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter gets response code 403 on post methods
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:33:11 GMT
May be ur site is set up to use windows authentication mode. When u access it with a browser
it uses ur windows login credentials to authorise ur access. But probably jmeter is not able
to handle that.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:35:10
To: JMeter Users List<jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Jmeter gets response code 403 on post methods

This is asked and answered in various forms on these mail archives - But
basically you need to compare what is being sent by your browser (fiddler -
live http headers etc) to what your test script sends . This usually needs
you to
a. Ensure that Follow redirects are sent on all samplers (instead of
redirect automatically)
b. Figure out how your application manages session ids (if by cookie , you
should be ok , if by parameter in URL then your script wont work)
c. Figure out which parameters are dynamic and use extractors to extract
them into variables and send them as part of the next request.
Take a look at what your browser does for the 3 steps you mention and
compare with Jmeter. Use the View Results Tree Listener in Jmeter

regards
deepak