jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User Parameters not always correctly allocated?
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:03:23 GMT
On 22 July 2010 09:15, Jörg Godau <J.Godau@schuetze-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've stripped down the test plan to be as small as possible, perhaps you could have a
look at it (see the end of this email) and tell me if there is something wrong with the way
we are doing things?

Please don't include test plans in e-mail in future. They are
difficult to extract, and are just wasted bandwidth for most readers.

Also, the test plan has no definition for the following variables:
path.root
resource.path

> We have a thread group that loops, which contains the User Parameters, after that there
is a Once Only Controller that selects the user from the parameters. Then there is a loop
where we search for a record based on a name that is inside the CSV file (specified from the
parameters) and then open the record using the record id.

> The open record step is where it fails saying with "No record with ID ${aktenzeichen}
found". Which means that there was no result for the search.

No, it means that the variable "aktenzeichen" was not found.
Which means the RE did not match

> We generate the data for the CSV files out of the database, so those records are all
definitely there.

> A particular set of records (the contents of one CSV file) can only be accessed by the
matching user.

There are more threads (10 by default) than there are User Parameter
columns, so some values will be used by multiple threads.

The way you pass in the data is rather complicated.

I suggest you create a single CSV file with all the data, and use CSV
Dataset to read it.