jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems in getting a request response
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 20:42:44 GMT
hi
So then your test hasn't worked. Typically that means that some of your
request response uses dynamic data that you havent extracted out correctly
and sent (or you havent sent all the parameters your server side expects).
It might the request itself or it might be some previous request that
failed.

The only way to diagnose this is record every step in fiddler or equivalent
and then compare with every step in JMeter view result tree (accounting for
the fact that dynamic data will differ so you have to look at what the
previous step generates . If you have access to the application and can read
the logs to see why it is failing is easier to do , but not always possible.
Sometimes the response returned may have an error message indicating what
went wrong so it can be read from the response tab

Also look at http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/DifferentBehaviour.

regards
deepak