jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Sriharsha Setty <sriharsha.se...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sending a JSON snippet as POST payload
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:54:15 GMT
Hi Deepak,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can be done using the standard HTTPSampler.
> If your objects are complex use something like http://www.json.org/java/to
> get your objects and String alongwith Beanshell in Jmeter to dynamically
> add
> your values to the sampler otherwise you can manipulate strings yourself

I am new to Jmeter and still getting used to it.  My JSON snippet is not
very complex. I want to construct key/value pairs (JSON) from a CSV file,
convert it to JSON payload and send it as POST payload.

I gave a try loading my CSV using the CSV Data Set documented on the
website, but I was unsuccessful.

Is it possible to do something like this :

1. For every POST request, pick up a row from the CSV file
2. Convert this row to a JSON payload.
3. Ask Jmeter to use this as POST data.

That's how I imagine it should be done.  Is this wrong?

Thanks,
/harsha