jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Karsten Gaul <karsten.g...@exedio.com>
Subject Re: DB crash
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:11:22 GMT

> I don't know how to administer Oracle dbs

me neither...

> Surely there must be ways to configure the DB so that it remains
> active even under heavy load?
>
> Or at least it should degrade gracefully.

That's what I hoped for. Maybe the responses take some more time because
the db blocks incoming requests until it's finished but it seems to
consume all the memory until it recognizes that this wasn't the best
idea. Unfortunately, at this point it's already too late.

Thanks anyway. I had hope that it was my fault because my test plan is
badly configured.

> For example, limiting the number of active connections, limiting
> resources that can be used by a single connection.
>
> That might also give a better clue as to which queries are causing the problem.

rgds
Karsten