jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: how do YOU take text from a jmeter "data writer", when its set to "forever"
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:49:45 GMT
William,

in a multi threading environment, where threads compete for a logging
resource, you cannot expect order to be preserved (I think).

As you're grepping already, why not throw in a sort? Of course, sorting
by a date string can be tricky, you might want to insert some preprocessing.

If there are timestamps (and there should be), sorting becomes trivial,
though you might need to change a ; or two into spaces.

HTH
Felix

On 07/16/2010 05:45 PM, William Ottley wrote:
> Hey Felix,
> yea thought of doing that too.
> I just did a simple grep "10:47" name.csv > name.10.47.csv
> and then basically put all of the minute of a test into an excel tab.
>
> BUT, one thing does worry me, and i'm hoping you might know that answer.
> I would think, that when the tests are being done, and returning the code,
> that once the entry is writen into the local .csv file, that it would be in
> chronilogical order..l right?
>
> I find when I bring in the .csv file into excel, I have to do a 'sort" based
> on time field.
> because some of the lines are out of order... does anyone know why this is
> the case?
> maybe i'm missing something...
>

> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Felix Frank <ff@mpexnet.de> wrote:
>
>> The Unix awk and sed come to mind. If you're in Windows, get them with a
>> cygwin bundle.
>>
>> This is not a Jmeter issue.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Felix
>>
>> On 07/16/2010 05:28 PM, William Ottley wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I'd like to take out a "sample" from the middle of a huge 10M csv file
>>> created by the simple data writer, when the loop is set to "forever"?
>>>
>>> I've stopped the test, and now I want to grab the middle section of the
>>> test....
>>>
>>> thanks!

MPeX.net GmbH / Werner-Voß-Damm 62 / D-12101 Berlin / Germany
MPeXnetworks / www.mpexnetworks.de
Tel: ++49-30-78097 180 / Fax: ++49-30-78097 181

Sitz, Registergericht: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 76688
Geschäftsführer: Lars Bräuer, Gregor Lawatscheck