jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Karsten Gaul <karsten.g...@exedio.com>
Subject Re: Think time and duration of test
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:05:30 GMT
Hi Suresh,

I'm not sure but i suggest you try the interleave controller and the csv
config element. How?
1. Write a csv file containing think time and url like this

2000 /home/1.htm
3000 /home/2.htm
450000 /home/post.htm (long time but he could not remember his name)

The variable names for your CSV element are TIME and URL seperated by komma.

2. now take this 'constant timer' and put the variable ${TIME} in. It's
not that 'constant' anymore now.

3. Now put all your samplers in an interleave controller and write
${URL} in each 'url' field.

Since the interleave controller takes only one sampler per iteration you
need to set the loop count to at least 15 (the number of samplers). For
each iteration, one line of the csv is read. I think this is the better
solution since users do not only think when filling out some forms but
also when they simply browse.

You may even reduce the number of samplers to 2 (one for POST and one
for GET requests) using the if-controller instead of the interleave
controller.

cheers
Karsten