jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya" <skb.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: simulate test as a LB, with 2 webservers at one time
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2010 17:57:08 GMT
If you are using a load balancer it wud normally front end on all requests.
You wud not have to generate different urls on jmeter to reach different servers as your mail
suggests.
Having said that. Load balancers also have stickiness rules which send consecutive requests
from the same session or same ip to the same web server for maintaining session data continuity.
You may not get an equally distributed load balancing between the two servers.
Chen out your particular LB algorithm setting to get a better idea.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

-----Original Message-----
From: William Ottley <williamottley@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 13:47:59
To: <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: simulate test as a LB, with 2 webservers at one time

Hi all,

I'm trying to solve an issue with regards to latency and Load Balancing.

I have done several latency tests using jmeter.
I have tested each of the webservers with this:

300 threads, and 3x HHTP Request HTTPClient, each one has a different url
location.

If I wanted to get the results of a Load Balancer, serving the 2 webservers,
would I:

a) do 600 threads, and 3x HHTP Request HTTPClient, each one has a different
url location (for webserver 1) and 3x HTTP Request HTTPClient (for webserver
2)
or
b) do 300 threads and 6x HTTP Request HTTPClient, done so that the first one
is with WS1, first url, 2nd one is WS2, first url, etc....

in my head, logically, a LB, should be able to sever 600 clients, with 3
HTTPClient requests: while having almost the same latency.. but i'm not
getting that.

so I decided to use jmeter to simulate conecting to both webservers at the
same time...

I hope this makes sense....

thanks!

William