jmeter-user mailing list archives

From black gaff <joseph.kill...@gmail.com>
Subject Any way to mask JDBC login credentials?
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 19:56:51 GMT

I've created a script that does Oracle SQL requests, using the JDBC
Connection Configuration config element.

In the config element are fields for UserName and Password. The Password
field is not masked, so if I share this file with anyone on my team, they
can see my password.

Is there a way to mask this password, similar to the way passwords are
masked using HTTP Authorization Manager?

I know I could pass the login credentials in with a CSV file, but I was
hoping for something more contained. Is there a way to access the value of a
Password stored in HTTP Authorization Manager by referencing it's variable
name? If so, how?

Much thanks, Joe