jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Vikas Gupta (vikgupt2)" <vikgu...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: unique Source IP Address
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:10:36 GMT
Guys, its working (crudely) using IP Aliases approach. I used HTTPRequestHTTPClient and used
the Source IP address field. I have to create Multiple thread group and for every thread group,
I used the source IP intended. There are number of issues with this approach.

- I have to create thread group for every user
- Scalability issues.

This will work for me as of now because I have <50 user load to be created. In the meantime,
I will also explore Grinder as suggested.

The reason for mapping Ip to session is
- We want to identify the unique 'siteid' from where user is loggin in. i.e on loading the
http://<ip>/app the form asks for username/password. So along with username/password,
The browser should also send the 'siteid' but this information shouldn't be filled by user.
We used Gears initially, but that caused deployment problems. So Ip address to 'siteid' mapping
is created.
This has its limitations.. DHCP, Dynamic NAT, PAT etc.

Vikas Gupta
Software/QA Lead
Cisco Health Solutions
vikgupt2@cisco.com (epage)

Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact