jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMetere JDBC Test Confusing Result
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:19:03 GMT
On 30/06/2010, Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya <skb.subscriptions@gmail.com> wrote:
> If it is a j2ee web application, app server wud be doing the connection pooling.

Yes, agreed.

>  If it is a desktop app running from multiple terminals then connection pooling won't
be there across multiple users.

Yes, agreed.

>  I hope you are testing for a web application.

If the OP wants to emulate the behaviour of a web application, then
they need to test using the pooling code actually used by the
applicaton, not the pooling code which happens to be used by JMeter.

Note that the JMeter pooling implementation cannot be changed (except
by rewriting the code!).

Alternatively, work out how many independent connections are created
by the web application, and use that many JMeter threads.