jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IOException. Response code 401
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:05:07 GMT
On 29 June 2010 12:56, Karsten Gaul <karsten.gaul@exedio.com> wrote:
>> So does the Auth Mgr fix get requests?
>
> yeah it does. I only get the error messages when POST requests are sent.
>
>> What do you see in the Tree View Listener?
>>
>> How does that compare with what a browser sees?
>
> After processing the data of the post there is a redirect to a different
> page. This is where the authorization violation seems to happen. The post is
> executed and the server processes the data and for example creates an
> account but the access to the follow-up page is denied.
>
> Apart from the access violation the browser sees the same pages and the same
> data that is shown in the results tree.

The server does not know whether it is communicating with JMeter or a browser.
All it sees are the HTTP(S) requests, so if the server consistently
behaves differently, it must be seeing different requests.

In which case the browser must be sending something different from JMeter.

Have you compared the requests as well as the responses?