jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DataBase performance Testing with Jmeter!!!
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:13:14 GMT
On 28/06/2010, Sirish_Chandra <Sirish_Chandra@mahindrasatyam.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  I want to test my data base performance by using Jmeter. Is it possible with jmeter.

Have you read the JDBC sections of the JMeter manual?

>  My scenario are like this:
>

>  1.       The number of records that are present in my data base(oracle) currently, taking
into account of the number of records what is the performance? I want to check with jmeter.

>  2.       I am expecting that my data base size(i.e. Number of records) will be increased
by let say 4 times over a period of time 2 year from now. I want to implement this scenario
in jmeter and to test what will be the performance of my database and how it will behave under
this type of situation.

>  3.       In my current data base the number of user is 100. I want to test my data base
performance when the number of user will become 1000. Can I do this in jmeter?

>  4.       I want to check the SQL queries(How much Time it is taking/query) which are
running in back ground when I am doing some frontend operation, like any search operation.

>  Please give some suggestion  regarding the above issues whether these are possible to
implement and test in jmeter. If YES, then need some guidance and help also if possible some
example.

Please read the JMeter manual, and try out some simple JDBC tests to
get a better feel for what JMeter offers.

>  Thanks & Regards
>  Sirish
>

>  Mahindra Satyam is powering IT for the 2010 FIFA World Cup(TM).
>  To learn more, visit: www.mahindrasatyam.com/fifa/index.asp

>  DISCLAIMER:
>  This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION.
Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of
the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
is appreciated.