jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter JMS support for Tibco EMS
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:57:29 GMT
On 18/06/2010, João Tiago Ferreira <joao.tiago.ferreira@novabase.pt> wrote:
> Hi. I dont think there are so many use cases.
>
>  First point is the sender of the message can't set the messageId. It is an identifier
of the message generated by the JMS provider.

I know.

> Moreover two different messages can't have the same messageID, so I would say comparing
"request:messageId == reply:messageId" makes no sense.

It *can* make sense in "echo" mode:

The sampler can send to a queue and then receive the original message
from the same queue. Could be useful for checking queue throughput.

In that case, *if* the correlationID is present of course one could
use that instead.

>  Here is a nice explanation of the different JMS request response patterns [1].

Does not work for  me - I get an empty page.

>  So when you check the option "Use Request Message Id As Correlation Id" we are using
the "JMS Message ID Pattern" where no correlationId is necessary to set in the request and
in the receiver we should check for request:messageId == reply:correlationId instead of "request:messageId
== reply:messageId"

That relies on the response correlation ID being set to the request
message ID - which does not happen automatically, as far as I can
tell.

>  When you uncheck the "Use Request Message Id As Correlation Id" we are using the "JMS
Correlation ID Pattern" and is necessary to set the correlatioId in the request and in the
receiver we should check for "request:correlationId == reply:correlationId" as is implemented
now.

The service has to copy the correlationId from request to response.

Your use cases both rely on checking the response correlationId which
it is assumed will be set from either the request correlationId or the
requestMessageId.

The person who raised the original Bug 46142 reported that the
correlationId was null for JBoss, and the cited message thread says
that the same problem happens with Weblogic.

If the JMeter receiver only looks at the response correlationId, it
seems this will cause problems for JBoss and Weblogic.

So I think it is necessary to make the request and response fields
independently selectable. I don't think on can satisfy everyone
without.

I've already done much of the work for this; it seems to work OK for
ActiveMQ in "echo" mode at least.