jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to generate unique ids in jmeter
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 20:26:51 GMT
First i dont quite think your description is accurate since Id find it hard
to believe that your application asks the user who's entering information
into the form to generate the unique Id.  So if I access your application in
a browser do i have to enter a unique patient id?

For the moment Assuming  that your problem is what you state it is

Thread Group
+Req1
+Req2
+Req3 (specify the below as name/value)
++patientId   Patient_${__threadNum()}_${currentTime}
++ other parameters
+Req4
+User Parameters ( update once per iteration checked with the following
variable)
++currentTime ${__time(YMD)}${__time(HMS)

Then add a view results tree listener , and in the request tab you can see
that you are posting unique values for patientId every time
Your test may still not work , but the problem wont be the generation of
unique value.

If you want an autoincrementing scheme then you need to use
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Counterplus
beanshell to track the last used counter number from a previous test
run or you can code it in beanshell/java

regards
deepak