jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AJAX Testing
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:04:37 GMT
I agree. There are issues with how far recorders can go before you need to write tests from
scratch using client libraries rather than try to decode hex or worse from a recorder data
file. Only issue then is what are you measuring the requests through the code plus network
and system under test?
I am not sure how JMeter deals with the measurements in that use case.

Regards,
-Tony

----- Original Message ----
From: Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com>
To: JMeter Users List <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thu, June 10, 2010 12:29:28 PM
Subject: Re: AJAX Testing

Hi
So the way JMeter records the script using a HTTP Proxy (and Loadrunner is
the same as far as I know), so the Javascript library used to implement the
call is irrelevant. Only the HTTP request/Response matters. So if this is an
issue with load runner it wont be with JMeter.
(However Selenium/QTP which use the browser itself to record *may* have
issues)

However note that recording a script is just a utility to reduce the time
needed to code the script. It has no bearing on running the script or even
on creating it (manually or any other means). I know a lot of people get
hung up on record / replay(but thats a separate rant!) , but from
experience, for non trivial scripts, most of the time is spent elsewhere.

regards
deepak