jmeter-user mailing list archives

From frogg6 <fdun...@yahoo.ie>
Subject Re: Increasing CPU during BOSH Test using JMETER
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:55:35 GMT

Yes, I am looking at the max CPU comsumption. It should not go over ~75%.

The high/low bursts may be explained by the way the script works. I have 4
instances, each instance logs in 2500 users/threads, sends a burst of IMs,
then sends a presence change, burst of IM's, presence change etc...

Nothing else is running on the jmeter boxes.

It is the latest OS version with up to dates patches.

It is in an isolated network.

Is jmeter capable of running such a test over 5 days?

Deepak Brijnandan Goel wrote:

> [...]
>
> Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag
>
> You already have transactions/sec in the reports (messages/sec,
> presence/sec), which are maintained  at a constant rate.
>
> Also i checked the CPU consumed, it looks ok to me. You might need to run
> for longer durations to check for abnormal behavior. The avg CPU rate has
> increased by 10% over a days time (Are you looking at max CPU consumption
> in
> your reports?).
>
> Also the CPU consumption seems to drop in between (10000 to 14000) and
> then
> seems to increase (14000 to 17000)? This does suggest that the CPU
> consumption due to the test might be ok, but there are some other threads
> running on the test servers.
>
> Is there anything else running on the test servers? Like some maintenance
> threads?
>
> Some other questions:
>
> 1. Is your system up to date with all OS patches? Is the latest OS system?
> 2. Is it on a isolated network environment?
> 3. We might also need to check whether Jmeter can run test at such high
> rates for long duration of times (The test have been running for almost 2
> days at a stretch). (Most of the memory leaks show up within a few hours.
> One rarely needs to run test for such long times to check application
> abnormality)
>
> Deepak
>   --
> Keigu
>
> Deepak
> +91-9765089593
> deicool@gmail.com
>
> Skype: thumsupdeicool
> Google talk: deicool
> Blog: http://loveandfearless.wordpress.com
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/deicool
>
> Check out my Work at:
> LinkedIn: http://in.linkedin.com/in/thumsupdeicool
>
> "Contribute to the world, environment and more :
> http://www.gridrepublic.org
> "
>

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:12 PM, frogg6 <fdunne2@yahoo.ie> wrote:
>

>>  I sent you on my results. I will have to run a trace to check if the
>> transactions/sec is decreasing over time. If so, what would this suggest?
>> How can it be fixed?
>>

>> Deepak Brijnandan Goel wrote:
>> >
>> > Hey
>> >
>> > Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag
>> >
>> > Could you please share the Jmeter test reports? Is the transactions/sec
>> > decreasing and response time increasing over time?
>> >
>> > Deepak
>> >   --
>> > Keigu
>> >
>> > Deepak
>> > +91-9765089593
>> > deicool@gmail.com
>> >
>> > Skype: thumsupdeicool
>> > Google talk: deicool
>> > Blog: http://loveandfearless.wordpress.com
>> > Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/deicool
>> >
>> > Check out my Work at:
>> > LinkedIn: http://in.linkedin.com/in/thumsupdeicool
>> >
>> > "Contribute to the world, environment and more :

Are

>> have
>> 5000
>> see