jmeter-user mailing list archives

From virkenator <virkena...@gmail.com>
Subject how to generate unique ids in jmeter
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 23:42:53 GMT

I am a newbie. I am using JMeter to test registration form based software.
Here's my scenario:

A user logs in and adds a patient in database. I am able to automate this
process by recording it, however I want to automate the add patient
scenario, since a unique patient id is required to add a patient and save it
on the database. The procedure I am following right now is manually entering
ids and then running the automated script, which is not putting any load or
stress on the site.
If somebody could please tell me how to generate unique ids and how to fit
this procedure in already working script or how to increment previous id
whenever the script is run.