jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Renaud, Martin" <Martin.Ren...@nuance.com>
Subject RE: Automated monitoring of servers during load testing
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 13:07:31 GMT
If you are under Windows, all these (and more) can be monitored/graphed
with PerfMon.

You can then use the timestamps to aligned PerfMon and JMeter data. But
I don't know how to do that automatically, so you may need to write a
script that does that.

HTH,

-Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhattacharya, Sudip [mailto:sudip.bhattacharya@genpact.com]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 8:56 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Automated monitoring of servers during load testing

Hi friends,

This may not be directly linked to JMeter, so please tolerate.

I am using JMeter to emulate 500 users load on a system. I need to
monitor the servers during this load test in an automated way.

What is the best way to monitor servers?

I need to monitor basically:

a.       CPU Usage (of whole system)

b.       CPU Usage (of specific applications - java instances running
the EJB/WEB nodes for e.g.)

c.       Memory Usage (of whole system)

d.       Memory Usage (of specific applications - java instances running
the EJB/WEB nodes for e.g.)

e.       Disk I/O on database server

The monitoring system should have a way to report out the captured data
in a graph, which can be overlaid with the JMeter graphs to view system
behavior under the load.

Is there any opensource/freeware tool to monitor and log these?

Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya

This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be
privileged. It may be read, copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or
attachments) and disclosure or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended
recipients must notify the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies
or disclosing it to a third person.