jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Renaud, Martin" <Martin.Ren...@nuance.com>
Subject HTTP Request Sampler configuration for REST
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 15:48:53 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to use JMeter 2.3.4 to send a request to a REST application
without success.

I'm using the HTTP Request Sampler. And I cannot find the good
configuration for the request to be consumed by my application. More
precisely, I cannot get the request sent by JMeter to have the

Info on my application:

*	Reachable by a "simple url": no argument to be extracted from it
to be sent as handler parameters.
*	Attached XML that is unmarshaled using JAXB.
*	The handler consumes multipart/mixed POST requests.

What I did:

*	Attach an XML file using the "Send Files With the Request". I
have no parameter name and the MIME type set to "multipart/mixed"
*	Added a Header manager with Accept=multipart/mixed.
*	Request checkbox "Redirect": unchecked
*	Request checkbox "Follow Redirects": unchecked
*	Request checkbox "Use KeepAlive": checked

Depending if the Request checkbox "Use multipart/form-data for HTTP
POST" is check, I get the following:

Check:

*	The request received by my app has "Content-Type:
multipart/form-data; boundary=a-boundary"
*	The content-type is not good: my app consumes multipart/mixed.

Unchecked:

*	The request received by my app has "Content-Type:
multipart/mixed"   , but no boundary.
*	The parsing of the request throws a
org.jvnet.mimepull.MIMEParsingException because no boundary is found.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Also, I found in the net the following Sampler:
http://smartrics.blogspot.com/2009/04/jmeter-to-test-robustness-of-syste
m.html

Unfortunately,  it does not seems compatible with the latest version of
JMeter, anyone have found a workaround ?

Thanks a lot,

Martin