jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inserting dynamic values in the application
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 16:47:07 GMT
Yes you can . JDBC Sampler allow you to fetch data into variables .
However note that since you want different threads to pick different data
(as opposed to a single thread looping over some data), it is always easier
to use a CSV. You can then have the JDBC sampler write to a file (using the
appropriate Listener) , but now you need to do this in a separate thread
group, in which case you might as well generate the CSV file in advance (if
you have different data for each environment , which is normally the case
then run two sequential threadgroups or two separate tests one of which
fetches the data into CSV and the other which executes it)