jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does remote testing distribute work?
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 08:45:51 GMT
On 21/05/2010, Bhattacharya, Sudip <sudip.bhattacharya@genpact.com> wrote:
> Ok.. So in this case you are saying that it will put a load of 500*6=3000 users on the
server?

Yes - assuming that the thread groups are not set to run
consecutively, and assuming that they run for long enough that all
threads are active together.

>  Will the data collection reflect this total number on the controller jmeter machine
(in the grpThreads or allThreads columns in the reports)?

Yes. Try it and see (start with a much smaller number of threads).

groups(5 separate use cases) of 100 users each.
>  >  TestPlan
>  >  ---TG1 (100users)
>  >  ---TG2 (100users)
>  >  ---TG3 (100users)
>  >  ---TG4 (100users)
>  >  ---TG5 (100users)
>  >
>  >  I have 5 remote servers configured in my jmeter properties to distribute my load
on, and I have also registered my locahost ip. So RemoteStart menu displays 6 servers.
>  >  So the list looks like:
>  >  1.       localhost
>  >  2.       LoadGenSvr1
>  >  3.       LoadGenSvr2
>  >  4.       LoadGenSvr3
>  >  5.       LoadGenSvr4
>  >  6.       LoadGenSvr5
>  >
>  >  If I click on Remote Start All now, how will JMeter distribute the load on these
6 Load Generating nodes?
>  >
>  >  1.       Will it execute the whole script on all 6 nodes - 500 users on each node
= 500*6 = 3000 user load emulated on target server?
>  >  2.       Will it execute 1/6 of 500 users on each of the 6 nodes, so that the
total load emulated on the target server stays 500 users?
>  >  3.       Is there a way to set affinity of threadgroups to remoteservers, so that
I can say TG1 would execute on LoadGenSvr1, TG2 on LoadGenSvr2, etc?
>  >
>  >  Please help me understand.
>  >
>  >  ______________________________
>  >  Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya, PMP
>  >  Senior Principal Consultant, BPM Track, Products Org
>  >  Genpact, Delhi, India
>  >
>  >  C +91 98995 16992
>  >  E sudip.bhattacharya@genpact.com<mailto:sudip.bhattacharya@genpact.com>
>  >  www.genpact.com<http://www.genpact.com/>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may
be read, copied and used only
>  >  by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and
disclosure or copying of its
>  >  contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients
must notify the sender immediately
>  >  by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or
disclosing it to a third person.