jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Constant Rate Testing
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 07:14:04 GMT
Hi,

thanks for your replies. Fortunately, I found a workaround using Jmeter
for overloading the Webserver (or rather, the SSL reverse proxy).

To that end, one thread group can be configured to fire as many requests
as possible, with Connect and Response timeouts well below the average
of the actual measured response times. These threads won't cause a lot
of traffic, but strain the reverse proxy severely. Apparently, the
resulting behaviour is not unlike the result from a large number of
simultaneous real users.

I hope this is of help to someone.

Cheers
 - Felix

--
MPeX.net GmbH / Werner-Voß-Damm 62 / D-12101 Berlin / Germany
MPeXnetworks / www.mpexnetworks.de

Sitz, Registergericht: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 76688
Geschäftsführer: Lars Bräuer, Gregor Lawatscheck, Dr. Robert Lawatscheck