jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <sudip.bhattacha...@genpact.com>
Subject Automated monitoring of servers during load testing
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 12:56:10 GMT
Hi friends,

This may not be directly linked to JMeter, so please tolerate.

I am using JMeter to emulate 500 users load on a system. I need to monitor the servers during
this load test in an automated way.

What is the best way to monitor servers?

I need to monitor basically:

a.       CPU Usage (of whole system)

b.       CPU Usage (of specific applications - java instances running the EJB/WEB nodes for
e.g.)

c.       Memory Usage (of whole system)

d.       Memory Usage (of specific applications - java instances running the EJB/WEB nodes
for e.g.)

e.       Disk I/O on database server

The monitoring system should have a way to report out the captured data in a graph, which
can be overlaid with the JMeter graphs to view system behavior under the load.

Is there any opensource/freeware tool to monitor and log these?

Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya

This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read,
copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure
or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify
the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing
it to a third person.