jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <sudip.bhattacha...@genpact.com>
Subject RE: Increasing the no of Threads/ Users dynamically
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 11:00:26 GMT
The SteppingThreadGroup plugin requires the latest nightly builds version of JMeter.
Have you installed that? Get the nightly builds.

-----Original Message-----
From: raj4smiles [mailto:rajiniganth.jagadeesan@bt.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:22 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Increasing the no of Threads/ Users dynamically

Hi,
   I have installed the plugin mentioned in the below like but it is not
working properly. The other option of having seperate thread groups. Any
idea of dynamically increasing the no of thread suppose for I want to
increase the load by 5 threads every 5 seconds till the server breaks down.
How can I be sure of no of thread groups required coz i'll not be having the
maximum no with me.
Any suggestions are welcome...

Thanks

Deepak Shetty wrote:

> use separate threadgroups or
> http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/wiki/SteppingThreadGroup
>
> Some mails in the mail archives deal with this
>

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:49 AM, raj4smiles
> <rajiniganth.jagadeesan@bt.com>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>   I have a requirement like. I should start load testing on a server with
>> 10 threads and every 5 mins I should increase the no of threads by 5. Ex:
>> start the test with No of threads = 10, ramp up period= 5*60 seconds,
>> after
>> 5 mins I want to increase the thread count to 15. Is there is a way to
>> implement this requirement with JMeter.
>> --

This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read,
copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure
or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify
the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing
it to a third person.