jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Gerrie K <gerrie.kim...@gmail.com>
Subject Replay a recorded load using JMeter
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 09:59:46 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to replay a sequence of HTTP requests that were logged/recorded
on our JBoss application server during a "real user"-based stress test. I've
created a custom Sampler that creates samples based on those HTTP logs. A
custom Timer delays the next sample based on the timestamps in the HTTP
logs.

I've added the custom Sampler/Timer to a Thread Group with one thread since
I need the requests to be replayed in the order that they were recorded.

This setup works good except for one problem: my replay does not fire the
HTTP requests at a high enough rate (need same rate as during the stress
test) because the JMeter thread waits for the response of each HTTP request.
Since the thread can't keep up with the tempo the delay of my Timer is
almost always 0 millis, so this is not the problem.

I've read this post:
http://old.nabble.com/A-very-Simple-Query-ts20768789.html#a20768789
But it does not solve my problem since the suggested solution does not
guarantee the ordered replay of the HTTP requests.

I can imagine that this not such an exotic requirement. Maybe someone has
already came up with a solution for this?

Regards,

Gerrie