jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Boschee <j...@mindcloud.com>
Subject How do I use a Parameter for URL
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 19:03:39 GMT
I'm trying to add a parameter to user.properties to make the URL dynamic
so that the user.properties file can be replaced to point to different
URLs.  I wrote a tool that outputs a user.properties file.  The problem
I'm having is that I can't seem to use passed in properties in HTTP
Request Defaults.  I've tried different ways of doing it, but I'd like
to do something like this.

${__P(testURL, http://about.blank)}

I can use a parameter like

${server}

However the variable has to be defined in the test plan and it won't use
the property from the file.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?  I've gotten lots of other things
to use the properties file such as threads and rampup.

Thanks
Jeff