jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customizing the evaluation order of assertions?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 20:33:32 GMT
On 06/04/2010, Jah Ayree <yjah@ymail.com> wrote:
> I have a interesting situation where I've supplied the usual Response Assertions for
each Sampler, yet I also want to have a BeanShell Assertion at the test suite level to catch
service errors that may occur to any Sampler (and I don't want to code an assertion for such
errors with each Sampler, that's over-kill).

>  As is, it mostly works -- I put a BeanShell Assertion at the test suite level and it
catches the service errors when they occur nicely. Unfortunately, however, the BeanShell Assertion
is evaluated *after* any Sampler Assertions -- which is not the order I want.

>  So, my question is this: Is there a way to instruct JMeter to evaluate Assertions registered
at parent levels *BEFORE* it evaluates assertions registered at the Sampler level?

There's no JMeter option to do this.