jmeter-user mailing list archives

From chaitanya bhatt <bhatt.chaita...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Jmeter-server on Ubuntu 9.10
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 06:43:04 GMT
Since JMeter 2.3.1, the RMI registry is started by the server; however the
options can still be passed in from the JMeter command line. For example:
"jmeter -s -Dsun.rmi.loader.logLevel=verbose" (i.e. omit the -J prefixes).
Alternatively the properties can be defined in the system.properties file.

The solution to the problem is to remove the loopbacks 127.0.0.1 and
127.0.0.2 from etc/hosts. What happens is jmeter-server can't connect to
rmiregistry if 127.0.0.2 loopback is not available. Use the following
settings to fix the problem.

Replace

   - `dirname $0`/jmeter -s "$@"

With

   - HOST="-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=[computer_name][computer_domain]
   - -Djava.security.policy=`dirname $0`/[policy_file]"
   - `dirname $0`/jmeter $HOST -s "$@"

Also create a policy file and add [computer_name][computer_domain] line to
/etc/hosts.

Chaitanya M Bhatt
http://www.performancecompetence.com