jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter Cookie Question
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 02:09:34 GMT
On 13/04/2010, Jason.F.Dawes@kp.org <Jason.F.Dawes@kp.org> wrote:
> Sebb,
>
>  Thanks for the quick reply.
>
>  sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote on 04/12/2010 06:16:05 PM:
>
> > On 13/04/2010, Jason.F.Dawes@kp.org <Jason.F.Dawes@kp.org> wrote:
>  > > I am trying to test a site that uses authentication provided by
>  Oracle's
>  > >  CoreID product (also known as WebGate).  A problem is arising when
>  webgate
>  > >  tries to set a cookie that is intended for a target 2 hops down a
>  redirect
>  > >  chain. JMeter refuses to set the cookie because it violates path
>  rules. If
>  > >  you set the cookie manually everything works fine.
>  > >
>  > >  How can I go about getting this cookie set by the cookie manager (or
>  some
>  > >  other element) instead of blindly setting it for everything?  Or is
>  that
>  > >  actually fine since the path rules will only really allow the cookie
>  to be
>  > >  set for the one page?
>  > >
>  > >  i.e.
>  > >
>  > >  1) frontPage.html sets cookie "yada" with a path of "/foo.cgi" and
>  >
>  > JMeter will save the cookie.
>  >

> Actually, it's not.  Here's the relevant [amended] message from the log:
>  Not storing invalid cookie: <ObFormLoginCookie=[snip];
>  path=/kpsso/loginAction;> for URL http://[snip]/obrareq.cgi?[snip]
>  (Illegal path attribute "/kpsso/loginAction". Path of origin:
>  "/obrareq.cgi")

That's different from what I understood from your original e-mail; I
was under the impression that the original cookie was valid, and that
you were just concerned about the intervening redirect.

The problem here is nothing to do with redirects.

>  > >  redirects to setupStuff.html
>  > >  2) <-- cookie is not set by JMeter due to rule violation
>  >
>  > Yes.
>  >
>  > >  3) setupStuff.html does arbitrary setup type things and redirects to
>  > >  /foo.cgi
>  >
>  > At which point JMeter should send the yada cookie.
>

> I wish this was the case, however the cookie is not present - I assume
>  because the CookieManager is refusing to store it.

Yes.

If changing the Cookie Spec does not work, then set the Jmeter property:

CookieManager.check.cookies=false

to disable cookie checking.

See: http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Cookie_Manager

para beginning:

"JMeter version 2.3.2 and earlier ..."

You still need to set the appropriate Cookie spec to enable the
cookies to be parsed.