jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nikita Tovstoles <nikita.tovsto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rewrite absolute URLs containing '/../'?
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 17:31:57 GMT
Unf. it's not my code, and changing it appears to be non-trivial.
We're using wicket which does relative 302 redirects on all initial
page requests. Suppose you've an app deployed at:

http://localhost/app/

and a particular page at http://localhost/app/page/

1) First request to:
http://localhost/app/page/

2) will result in 302 with Location:
http://localhost/app/page/ . . /page.0  (spaces added to avoid spam filter)

3) All major browsers (including IE6 and wget) will then issue a GET for:
http://localhost/app/page.0

but JMeter issues a GET for 2) as is. And that results in a 404.

There's been a discussion on this before:
http://www.mail-archive.com/jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg28360.html

and several JIRAs filed:

but, as I am sure you understand, we poor app developers, need to
load-test our stuff one way or another at the end of the day. I am not
clear (yet) whether:
-wicket returns the URL in 2) as you see it (in which case the fix
w/in wicket framework may indeed be easy) OR
-wicket redirects to . . /page.0 and it's either Tomcat or the client
that interprets it as what one sees in 2) (in which case the fix is
indeed easier in JMeter).

Hope the above explains my motivation