jmeter-user mailing list archives

From ben.cuthb...@hsbcib.com
Subject Re: User defined variables
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:45:38 GMT
Thanks I will take a look.

I did notice something yesterday when trying to run the JMeter-server my
code had loads of null pointers on the server.log.
When it runs on my local machine in GUI mode everything is fine. Is there
some important document that outlines building load tests for distributed
mode?

             sebb
             <sebbaz@gmail.com>
             Apr 15 2010 00:24          JMeter Users List
                                        <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
             Mail Size: 25545                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
                                        Re: User defined variables
             Please respond to
               "JMeter Users
                   List"                                            Entity
             <jmeter-user@jakar
               ta.apache.org>

Have a look at the examples section of the source tree.

On 14/04/2010, ben.cuthbert@hsbcib.com <ben.cuthbert@hsbcib.com> wrote:
> Sebb
>
>  I have a question. I want to set my own sample time. I am sending out a
>  message to a remote system and waiting for the Ack to come back. In a
>  session class
>  i set the System.nanoTime() on the way out and then when we receive the
>  incoming response. How can I set this on the sample? as the setTime is
>  deprecated.
>

>  __________________________________________________________
>

>              Ben
>              CUTHBERT/IBEU/HSB
>                                        "JMeter Users List"
>              Apr 14 2010 10:37         <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc
>              Phone no. 22200           JMeter Users List
>              44 0 44 20 799            <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>              22192
Subject
>              Mail Size: 20586          Re: User defined variables
(Document
>                                        link: Ben CUTHBERT)

Entity

>  Hi Sorry about the attachments. Sorry what is the debug sampler?
>

>  Regards
>

>              sebb
>              <sebbaz@gmail.com>

>              Apr 14 2010 10:33          JMeter Users List
>                                         <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>              Mail Size: 19074
cc

Subject
>                                         Re: User defined variables
>              Please respond to
>                "JMeter Users
>
>                    List"
Entity

>              <jmeter-user@jakar
>                ta.apache.org>
>

>  On 14/04/2010, ben.cuthbert@hsbcib.com <ben.cuthbert@hsbcib.com> wrote:
>  > Hi Sebb
>  >
>  >  I have attached screenshots of my test plan. When the test starts the
>  >  following logging statement has been placed in the sampler. But the
host
>  >  values does not get populated
>  >  with what is defined in the UDV.
>
>  Did you try using a Debug Sampler?
>
>  Please don't send attachments to the list - they are too heavy and
>  tend to fall off ;-)
>
>  Upload them somewhere public and post the URL instead.
>
>  >  010/04/14 09:54:02 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine:
Running
>  the
>  >  test!
>  >  2010/04/14 09:54:02 INFO  - jmeter.gui.util.JMeterMenuBar: setRunning
>  >  (true,*local*)
>  >  2010/04/14 09:54:02 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine:
Starting
> [...]
>  >
>  cc
>  >              Mail Size: 13872
>  >
>  >
>  Subject
>  >                                         Re: User defined variables
>  >
>  >              Please respond to
>  >
>  >                "JMeter Users
>  Entity
>  >
>  >                    List"
>  >              <jmeter-user@jakar
>  >                ta.apache.org>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  Hi
>  >  I dont know much about the samplers so youll probably have to wait
for
>  sebb
>  >  to reply.
>  >  However User defined variables apply at runtime. Whereas you seem to
be
>  >  asking about load and store from the JMX file (in which case $
{SERVER}
>  is
>  >  correct , the value will get replaced at runtime
>  >  regards
>  >  deepak
>  >
>  >  On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:17 AM, <ben.cuthbert@hsbcib.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  > Yes sorry.
>  >  >
>  >  > So I have a sample that looks like
>  >  >
>  >  > public class TestSampler extends AbstractSampler implements
>  TestListener
>  >  {
>  >  >
>  >  >  public final static String HOST = "TestSampler.remoteHost";
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >   public final void setHost(String newServer) {
>  >  >            this.setProperty(HOST, newServer);
>  >  >   }
>  >  >
>  >  >   public final String getHost() {
>  >  >            return getPropertyAsString(HOST);
>  >  >   }
>  >  > }
>  >  >
>  >  > Now I would like to set this values based on a user defined
variable
>  >  config
>  >  > above this sampler.
>  >  > So in my GUI config class for this sampler I have
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > public class TestSamplerGui extends AbstractSamplerGui implements
>  >  > ActionListener, ChangeListener {
>  >  >
>  >  >   private final JLabeledTextField remoteHost = new
JLabeledTextField(
> [...]
>  new issue, by investment clients of the firm for whom the Bank as a firm
>  already provides other services. It may equally decide to allocate to
its
>  own proprietary book or with an associate of HSBC Group. This represents
>  potential conflict of interest. HSBC Bank plc has internal arrangements
>  designed to ensure that the firm would give unbiased and full advice to
the
>  corporate finance client about the valuation and pricing of the offering
as
>  well as internal systems, controls and procedures to identify and manage
>  conflicts of interest.
>
>  HSBC Bank plc
>  Registered Office: 8 Canada Square, London E14 5HQ, United Kingdom
>  Registered in England - Number 14259
>  Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
>  ************************************************************
>

>  ************************************************************
>  HSBC Bank plc may be solicited in the course of its placement efforts
for a
>  new issue, by investment clients of the firm for whom the Bank as a firm
>  already provides other services. It may equally decide to allocate to
its
>  own proprietary book or with an associate of HSBC Group. This represents
>  potential conflict of interest. HSBC Bank plc has internal arrangements
>  designed to ensure that the firm would give unbiased and full advice to
the
>  corporate finance client about the valuation and pricing of the offering
as
>  well as internal systems, controls and procedures to identify and manage
>  conflicts of interest.
>
>  HSBC Bank plc
>  Registered Office: 8 Canada Square, London E14 5HQ, United Kingdom
>  Registered in England - Number 14259
>  Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
>  ************************************************************
>
>  -----------------------------------------
>  SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!
>
>  This transmission has been issued by a member of the HSBC Group
>  "HSBC" for the information of the addressee only and should not be
>  reproduced and/or distributed to any other person. Each page
>  attached hereto must be read in conjunction with any disclaimer
>  which forms part of it. Unless otherwise stated, this transmission
>  is neither an offer nor the solicitation of an offer to sell or
>  purchase any investment. Its contents are based on information
>  obtained from sources believed to be reliable but HSBC makes no
>  representation and accepts no responsibility or liability as to its
>  completeness or accuracy.

HSBC Bank plc may be solicited in the course of its placement efforts for a
new issue, by investment clients of the firm for whom the Bank as a firm
already provides other services. It may equally decide to allocate to its
own proprietary book or with an associate of HSBC Group. This represents a